Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Teething and Poop

So, here I am, almost 7 months into my son's life, and I have started to be one of "those" people. You know the ones that regale the know web-based world with tales from their daily life and the antics of their child. Well, if you don't like it...don't read it! (Insert smiley face here)

Teething season has come upon us with a VENGEANCE! When I say we, I do mean we. All of us mothers/fathers (who are we kidding....mothers), know that when a child teethes, it causes all of us pain. Just in different ways.  I call teething as season, because in Helo's case, it seems as though it is going to be an ongoing thing. Not just getting teeth here and there with a break in between tooth cutting. Anyway, back the the joys of teething.

My poor little bubbin can not seem to escape the things that come with popping teeth. You know, all the things Dr.'s say "are not related to teething". Things like, runny poop, fever, rashes etc. While rashes have not happened in and of themselves, his BM as become like nuclear waste! Super stinky, and very irritating to his skin. All in all, he is dealing well. Mommy on the other hand is not. I am ready for this to be over already. My days have been divided up into two sections....poopy and not-poopy.

This oh so special day started off o.k.  Helo woke up with a smile on his face (he should, he was the one sleeping all night). Mommy gets up rather exhausted, but happy because that is what baby smiles do to you, if you are human at all. Mommy throws some Yo Gabba Gabba on the telly so she can prepare a bottle. Said bottle is sucked down vigorously and followed up with a grateful smile, fart, and belch.  All is well in Huffington. For those of you wondering, that is what I call the realm of our home. Still tired, I sit down to check out some FB....(sniff, sniff).....I smell a foul odor in the air.  I look over and what do I see? POOH-SPLOSION........POOH-ACALYPSE!! My son bouncing happily in his own feces. The stuff is EVERYWHERE! On his bouncy seat,  the towels under his feet, his leg, his toes, his belly...He doesn't care...it's warm and gooshy! Sigh, time to get back to the real world of being a mom. One sink bath, and clean diaper later, it is off to the floor play gym for some tummy time. So here I am 10 smelly diapers, and 2 teeth later, writing about the poopy section of my day. Oh well, at least I know he takes after his father in one way!!

After all is said and done, I wouldn't trade my son  for anything in this life!  The smelly, the funny, and the painful are all part of this wonderful thing called GROWTH!! No photos of this experience....too stinky!!



2 comments:

  1. I loved this!!! I'm so glad there is another momma out there who likes to "tell all" when it comes to poop!!! Helo is getting so big!!! TWO TEETH??? Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol... I can totally relate. Some days I feel all I do is change diapers! Then add in another kid that I babysit, and it's a wonder Scott can even breathe when he walks in the door after work. :-) Thank goodness it's just a season, like you said. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete